Been working on some smaller jobs the past few weeks. This weekend it was fashioning an original washer pump to take a switch so that I could run an electric pump. The idea being that it looks like the original washer pump but it will actually work. I bought a lucas push button switch and washer pump that fits the standard washer tube. The other job was scraping off the factory stone chip finish from under the front cards. Horrible job but made a lot easier with the rotisserie.
Original washer pump disassembled.
I bought this pump second hand so that I had a spare to pull apart. Someone had replaced the plastic valve with what looks like half a squash ball.
To mount the switch I cut the pump body down and attached a large round washer to it using small brackets. This way I can pull it apart if I need to change the switch.
The finished product hooked up to the electric pump. Tested it and it works although the switch is a little firm. If it’s a problem I’ll simply change out the switch.
The car is almost ready for final prep. The underside will be blasted and painted. I also finished installing the rear trolley wheels so that it can be moved around the panel shop.
Inside front guards with stone chip paint removed.